QUESTION ON NOTICE FOR MINISTER FOR ROADS AND ROAD SAFETY THE HON. JAALA PULFORD
1. What is the total expenditure on planning and installation of wire rope barriers from their rollout to the present?
2. What is the total expenditure on repairs of wire rope barriers?
3. What is the total expenditure on all forms of promotional advertising on the merits of wire rope barriers?
4. What is the total expenditure paid to research companies to justify the benefits of wire rope barriers?
5. What is the budget estimate for future wire rope barrier installation?
6. What is the extra cost to wildlife unable to negotiate the placement of wire rope barriers?
7. What is the tender process for wire rope barrier installation?
8. What is the justification for double rows of barriers in divided highways?
9. What is the number of motorcyclists who have been injured or killed due to wire rope barriers?
10. If wire rope barriers are so effective in reducing the road toll, why has the road toll dramatically increased in Victoria?
Beverley McArthur MLC
Member for Western Victoria Region